Pages

September 22, 2006

Caribou Mountain

I didn't see any caribou on Caribou Mountain, but that's OK. I just really needed to get out for a hike, so when Eric gave me a call yesterday asking if I would like to join him for a leisurely stroll up a mountain we'd never been up, I readily agreed.

Caribou Mountain is located just south of Whitehorse, or rather, just north of Carcross. We drove out this afternoon and started hiking. It was a steady incline to the top. On the way there and on the way back, we saw sheep, a bear, a cow moose and two calves (along the road).

The wind at the top of the mountain was cold and strong. Although it was cloudy on the way up, we eventually got some sun. The scenery was beautiful and I managed to get some pictures that I'm proud of. Enjoy!

The views start right away.


Up, up, up we go!


Goin' that-a-way!


Sheep!


Fall colours.


I took this zoomed shot to try figure out what was up on the mountain. I kept it because I like the picture, even if it was unintentional.


Mood lighting.


The clouds begin to clear.


It's windy at the top!


Sadly, this picture just doesn't do the view justice. But it can try anyways.


The shadows grow longer as the sun begins to set.


The dogs.


Oooh. Aaah. Ohhh. I'm going up this mountain again, someday.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Gorgeous!

Spectacular!

WOW!